Finding Inspiration


Hello again!

I know a few of you want to or have wanted to try photography before. But where do you find inspiration? This is probably one of the most difficult parts of photography. I personally like to find some sort of water source. Bring your camera, but you don't have to take pictures, you can be there just for inspiration. I like to be somewhere quiet where you can think. A lot of the time I end up taking pictures in spots where I want to go for inspiration. When you find a spot you like, think about the type of style you like your pictures to be. Dramatic, cold, warm, cheery, sad, exciting, mysterious, etc.
Then think about your favorite things in your life. Take a walk around town or a park and just take random pictures. Once you are home you can look through those pictures and decide which ones you like and edit them to your preference. If you don't like any of them, find a different location and keep trying. Its also helpful to find a photographer that you like, their style, and attitude towards it etc.
My personal style tends to be mysterious or dramatic. I like cool colors and long roads or landscapes. Black and white is my favorite. I feel like it shows the dramatic part of life. I feel like long landscapes or like people looking out a window can show that if you follow the lines or keep looking out, you can see whats ahead. A don't give up kind of feel.
This past summer I went on a trip to Grand Marais, MN  with my family. 
Its a super cute town on lake Superior. I really enjoyed just walking around the town and taking pictures. 

I think this trip really helped me find my style. A lot of my pictures from the trip are dramatic and I edited a lot of them to be black and white. 
Trips are really helpful with finding inspiration, although you can find it anywhere.
Keep your eyes open people! Don't give up, you'll find it. 


See ya!
-Clarisse




Comments

  1. I really love your blog layout - it is so unique and captures your artistic side so well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts